Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Runnerversary

In honor of tomorrow being my third runnerversary, I thought I should actually get around to writing a post. (I bet I'm the first blogger to say this, ever. Please make a note.)

I know it's Wednesday, but Labor Day makes it feel like a Tuesday.
After I missed one week of a Hanson's recap, I sort of fell all the way off the wagon. Suddenly one week became a bunch. I think part of this is the fact that I'm really burned out on Hanson's, so I didn't want to think about it any more than necessary. In my hubris, I thought that I, obviously, was special enough to add mileage and intensity without a problem. LOL JK

I've amended the program for the last 3 weeks (I just threw up a little writing that), and I am more excited about it, but I'm mostly just excited to finish. I don't want to rule out trying it again, but I think I wanted a bigger consistent base first.

I think another part of the reason I didn't want to blog for awhile is I was trying to make the blog something it really wasn't meant to be. Most of the blogs I follow seem to be about attracting readers and advertising money (Please note, this isn't a criticism at all! If people want to start reading my blog in droves and send me free junk, I would be thrilled), when that wasn't my original vision for My Eager Feet. I wanted a place to chronicle doing the 50 States and to provide race reports for smaller marathons.

http://asset-f.soup.io/asset/2595/5391_f787.jpeg

In getting away from my idea, I got sick of it. But now I've realized I'm failing in what I originally wanted to do. I wanted to create somewhere people could come and realize the 50 States was totally doable and a great goal, but if I never talk about it, that won't work, will it?

I've also missed having a creative outlet to write. I wish I were crafty, but since every craft I've ever made could be featured on Pintrest Fails, this is what I've got to work with.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/funny-pinterest-fails-5.jpg
I'd give the creation on the right a solid B-.
So, in an attempt to hold myself accountable, I'd like to plan on posting twice a week - Wednesdays and Saturdays. (These days will most likely change when I start a new training plan, but we'll roll like this for now.) Maybe when I practice more, I will post more, but I know I should start small. (See, I'm learning!)

Wednesdays will be my week in training, but Friday will be open to whatever I want. If any readers out there want to see something covered, just give a shout. I appear to have two of you a day, so your topic will be right at the top of the list.

The one thing from other blogs I do want to get better at is taking photos. I don't think I'll ever be a selfie person, but I really don't photograph anything. So, in an attempt to remedy that, I'm going to participate in Project 365 (better late than never!) starting tomorrow (my birthday). Hopefully when I'm done, I'll have a cool look back on my 23rd year. And maybe some pictures for the blog instead of more e-cards.


Now that I'm done rambling about this behind-the-scenes nonsense, we can move onto running. In some big news, Michael and I have selected our 2015 marathons and are registered for all the ones that are open! We will be doing Myrtle Beach, Knoxville, Blue Ridge, Hatfield-McCoy, Missoula, and Breakers (which is now Healthcare United or some garbage, but I'm going to keep calling it Breakers). This also means I'll be able to join the 50 States club at the end of March!

I've also registered to go to Turkey and run the Antalya Marathon! My best friend is off teaching English in Georgia (the Republic, not the state), and she just so happens to speak Turkish, so we are going to meet there and have amazing fun, and not get killed by the PKK, if Eager Feet Mom is reading this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4FJI1Zsw_oI/TgrqulcgBRI/AAAAAAAADb0/uZqb-na_yPM/s1600/antalya+turkey_all_in22.jpg
Pictured: zero terrorists.
In the back of my mind, I would eventually like to do the Seven Continents, so this will be perfect to get Asia out of the way. Plus it's among the mountains on the Mediterranean Sea and is organized by Germans. Could it get any better? And the cut-off time is five hours, so it's great motivation to get my butt into shape during winter. I'm not going halfway across the world to DNF.

Oh yeah, and the Monument Marathon is creeping up on me. I'm super excited to go out West (finally!) this year. And I'm hoping now that I did some real training, the race will not turn into a six hour sufferfest. I even am hoping for a PR. (The insane spreadsheet a made with my race plan says it's possible, even with a very conservative strategy.) I'm starting to get the haven't-race-in-awhile crazies and am doing a pretty good job convincing myself otherwise, so we'll see when we get out there. I'm hoping low humidity and cool temperatures plus some awesome scenery will inspire me to get it.

I guess I will just play with Faramir for the next 24 days to keep my mind off it.

Photo: My name is Faramir, and I mope around like I'm dying until Mommy puts the air on, then I cry until she opens the patio door so I can play outside in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment