Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I Mustache You Some Questions

I swear I really will write up The Sports Gene at some point, but Sam over at The Running Graduate tagged my in a blogger survey. Not only am I a sucker for surveys, but I have severe Thanksgiving-itis, so this is about the highest quality post my brain is capable of at the moment! (I also owe Sam a shout-out for telling me my comments were all messed up. If you wanted to comment before and couldn't, give it another try.)

I-Mustache-You-Some-Questions-e14154651593421-300x300 
  
Four Three Names That People Call Me (other than my real name):
-Garb (short for Garbage Disposal): My coworkers call me this (in a joking way) because I'm always eating at my desk.
Rascal: Childhood nickname from my parents, because I liked to think I could bamboozle them, even though I have no poker face to speak of.

-Becky/Becca: (Note - please don't call me either of these!) I'm always shocked how many people assume I use a shortened version of my name, even though I introduce myself as Rebecca. One of my life goals is to meet someone else in my age group who also chooses to go by Rebecca.
Four Jobs I’ve Had:
-YMCA basketball ref: Parents are shockingly competitive about four y/o basketball games, even when score isn't kept.

-Administrative Assistant: copied tax returns until the smell of toner gave me a headache
-Tax Intern: did tax returns until they gave me a headache
-Associate Accountant: manage closing activities for Information Systems

Wow, being an accountant makes this question the most boring ever! Feel free to go take a nap now.

Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once:
-LotR: It is the best. No other words needed.
-Star Trek reboots: Sometimes I think I'm the only person who likes the excessive lens flare.
-The Lion King: Watched this sometimes three times a day when I was little.
-Marvel movies: Whatever criticism you might have for the franchise, they've done a great job making a non-comic reader like me fall in love with the stories.

Ok...and maybe more than just the stories. Let's all be real here.
Four Books I’d Recommend:
-LotR: Yes, FotR is pretty slow, but suck it up because TTT and RotK are amazing. And I promise they're so different than The Hobbit. Every time a person says they haven't read LotR because they didn't like The Hobbit, a kitten dies.
-Battle Royale: The "original" Hunger Games, and about 1000% better. Don't let the length scare you away, I blazed through it in one week.
-The Last Unicorn: I loved this movie when I was a kid (despite the fact that it always made me cry, which made Eager Feet Mom feel guilty for letting me watch it), and the book is even better. It's like a milder version of Tolkien (that's not a bad thing, to be clear). I know it's technically for young adults, but I find it beautiful.
-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Because dry humor is the best humor.

Four Places I’ve Lived:
-Royal Oak, MI: I was born there but don't remember it.
-Canton, MI: Growing up with the best library in the state has spoiled me.
-East Lansing, MI: Go Green!
-Saginaw metro area: I don't mean to be a vagueblogger about where I live, but I don't want to be super open about it, because it would then be painfully obvious where I work and where I do most of my runs, and I'm not really comfortable with either.

Four Places I Have Been:
-New Zealand: I can't wait to go back! The country is absolutely breath-taking, and I didn't even make it to the South Island.

-Southwest: I've gone here many times on National Park trips with my parents. I can't wait until Michael and I do our marathons in those states. I could definitely see myself retiring out there.

-Germany: I'm sad that I'm already starting to lose my German. I need to get back to practice.
-UK: I went with Girl Scouts before high school, and we missed a lot of cool stuff because the other girls wanted to do a bunch of shopping and acted like going to the a museum for five minutes to see the Rosetta Stone was awful. I need to go back and see what I missed (and stalk some Tolkien sites, obviously).

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
-MSU: I miss the atmosphere of campus right before a big break. Plus, you know, I miss the schedule of a college student.
-Cleveland: Because Michael is there and not here, and that is sad.
-Myrtle Beach: Because then my training cycle would be over!

And because this weather looks so much better than what we're having right now.
-Out West: I basically would always rather be out West.

Four Things I Don’t Eat: 
-Fish: Apparently I'm not allergic, but it tastes...so fishy. Which rhymes with icky for a reason.
-Condiments: I prefer everything plain. Most people find this extremely amusing.
-Pop: Ok, this is a drink and not an eat, but I can't remember the last time I even wanted a pop.
-Ground beef: I don't mind the taste, but the texture really bothers me.

Four Of My Favorite Foods:
-Bagels: Especially from Panera.
-Portillos: Have some Italian beef next time you're in Chicago. You will be converted.
-Froyo: The only thing better than ice cream is pretending it's healthy and then loading it up with toppings.
-Pretzels: I could subsist on these.

Four TV Shows That I Watch(ed):
-Criminal Minds: I used to watch every week, but I gave up when they added Jennifer Love-Hewitt. Maybe I need to give it another try.
-The Amazing Race: It's pretty non-trashy for reality TV.
Because watching people roll down a hill with cheese is still more wholesome than most shows.
-The Walking Dead: I just recently got into this on Netflix. It's fantastic! I'm hoping to binge-watch some over Thanksgiving or Christmas, since it tends to wind me up too much on weeknights.
-College sports: Ok, not a show, but 90% of my TV consumption during the fall and winter is in this category, so I'm putting it on the list.

Four Things I Am Looking Forward To in 2015:
-Running in six new states: South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Montana, and Rhode Island...here I come!
-Getting out of apartments: I'm so over living in a building with other people. I think the first day of home ownership will be spent lying on the floor in complete silence, since I don't always have that luxury now.
Because yelling "Emma, stop!" over and over does not work.
-Growing in my career: Accounting in the real world is so different than school, and I love the role I have now. I'm excited to keep learning and improving.
-Getting a marathon PR: I'm training really hard right now to PR at Myrtle Beach, but I'm confident that if it doesn't happen there, it will at some point next year.

Four Things I’m Saying:
-"Why did I eat so many ?!": Girl Scout cookies got delivered Monday at work, and I'm already through box one. Uh...no comment.
-"Is budgeting over yet?": It is the worst. It's technically over, except it's not. I now secretly think it never ends.
-"Is it vacation yet?": The worst part of being an accountant is lots of holidays fall right before close, so your stuff has to be ready to go before you can leave.
-"Why are you so cute?": And various other obnoxious phrases I say to my cat basically the whole time I'm home. I'm sure my neighbors appreciate the songs I sing to him.

Four people I’m tagging:
I think every blogger I follow has done this...so jump in and do this yourself and link below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment